I stopped by the Decatur Organic Farmer’s Market on Saturday morning to see what looked good that I might grab up for supper. I was intrigued by the booth that sold Middle Eastern baked goods. The naan flat bread looked particularly wonderful so I bought a package of whole wheat naan that contained four 12” size disks of soft and fragrant flat bread. Wondering around I managed to fill my tote bag with other goodies – a package of hot Italian sausage, nice wedges of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses from the cheese man; some luscious strawberries from Ben Mealor’s farm, and a bunch of super fresh arugula. Later that evening when we got hungry it was time to figure out how to use all the goods I procured. I looked at the naan and decided it would be perfect as a pizza crust — and luckily it was a perfect fit for my pizza pan. I removed the casings from one of the sausage links and sautéed it up until all pink was gone. I had some cherry tomatoes languishing that needed to be used so I sliced all of them up, tossed them with some salt and some of my fresh oregano from my herb pot. I scattered the tomatoes over the naan, then the sausage, then the cheeses that I quickly grated. Into the oven at 450 F for about 8 minutes produced a wonderful pie – crisp dough and melting cheese. I adorned it with some of the fresh arugula and we feasted. Fresh strawberries for dessert were heavenly. I can always find wonderful foods for creating great meals at our organic farmer’s markets. You can visit on Wednesday evenings from4:00–6:00at the corner of Church and Commerce streets or Saturdays from8:00 amuntilnoononMcDonough Streetin front of the high school.
- New post: Important Message from Agnes Scott College bit.ly/2pzPtRp 2 days ago
- New post: Contract to Purchase United Methodist Children’s Home (UMCH) is Signed bit.ly/2oIWF9B 2 days ago
- We're still live. Live feed stopped working? Try refreshing. 3 days ago
- Open Office Hour with Mayor Pro Tem Boykin will begin in 5 minutes. He will discuss transportation. Tune in here decaturga.com/city-governmen…. 3 days ago
- New post: Ebrik Coffee Community Kickoff bit.ly/2oFYmEQ 3 days ago